Behavior and Education Inc Response to COVID-19
Steps that BAE is Taking to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19
BAE is monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal, state and local agencies to help ensure that the actions that we are taking are in line with the latest CDC recommendations.
- We have asked all clients and staff to inform BAE if they or their families are feeling sick. In these cases, session will be cancelled and your Scheduler will contact you to make other arrangements.
- BAE meetings are being held remotely. All events have been cancelled.
- Clinical staff are not reporting to BAE offices, and are instead at home when not with a client.
- Supervisory support is being provided via telehealth video conference.
Information for BAE Staff
The CDC has issued guidance to businesses to help prevent the spread of the virus, which we are monitoring and following. Based on that guidance, all employees are asked to do the following:
- If you are not sick but have a sick family member at home who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or may have been exposed to COVID-19, you should notify your Supervisor and the BAE HR Manager of your potential exposure, and refrain from reporting to work until speaking with BAE for further instructions.
- If you are placed in quarantine, home restrictions, or are advised to take any other precautions by federal, state, or local health authorities, please comply with all such instructions. Additionally, please notify the BAE HR Manager.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. After touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, or after contact with people who may be sick, wash your hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the used tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder.
- Please increase your hand-washing routine. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you do not have access to soap and water, use a hand sanitizer containing 60%-95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used preferentially.
- While working, BAE staff are required to follow this hand-washing protocol: staff must wash their hands immediately when arriving at session, every hour during session, and when session is over.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning. Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in your work area, such as your workstation, keyboards, telephone, countertops, and doorknobs.
Safeguard Against Stigma and Discrimination
While many in the United States and around the world may be worried about COVID-19 spreading, fear and anxiety can lead to social stigma, such as towards people of different national origins (including Chinese or other Asian Americans) or people who were in quarantine. This is not only against BAE’s values, but it may also constitute unlawful discrimination or harassment. All employees must avoid stigma and discrimination. BAE’s equal employment opportunity and anti-harassment policies apply.
BAE’s COVID-19 Information Contact
Johanna Nagel-Kim, Chief Operating Officer, Behavior and Education Inc
(310) 406-1500 / email@example.com